The eligibility for applying NHI :
Students who stay in Taiwan for 6 consecutive months (183 days) are eligible to apply for National Health Insurance.
Please refer to the following exmaples to evaluate your eligibility to join NHI.
Apply for NHI:
OIA will inform you once you are qualified.
While you get the notificaion, please send ID photo (jpg.)(<5M) to email@example.com for applying.
Fee: NTD 4494 / semester (NTD.749 per month)
While you lose the card:
- Application Form (NHI Card Application Form)
- Valid ARC (Original and copy)
- Fee for NTD.200(Applicant missed/ broke the previous card)
- 2-inch color photo
The need-to-know rules regarding National Health Insurance:
- The fees for National Health Insurance will be included in your tuition fee and CCU charges 6-month fees in advance.
- Applicant who loses the card shall pay NTD.200, fill out the application form and go to the post office to apply for new card by one self.
- National Health Insurance is mandatory for foreigners who are eligible to join. If eligible doesn’t apply, he/she will be fined for NTD.5000 and need to make up the pending fees.
- CCU will cancel students’ NHI after their graduation. Students who are staying in Taiwan after graduating have to visit the NHI office in Chiayi City for further procedures.
◆ Cathay Insurance:
New students who are not eligible to join National Health Insurance for the first 6 months must purchase the alternative medical insurance or provide the overseas medical insurance authenticated by Taiwan embassy.
Fees and Coverage:
Fee: NTD 3000 / semester (NTD 500 / month)
Coverage: accident or illness treatment (checking items are not included, such as eye examination, dental examination, etc.)
How much can I claim?
Maximum amount: NTD1000
How to apply for reimbursement:
1. Payment Receipt
2. Diagnosis certificate
3. Bankbook copy
4. ARC copy
Please bring the above documents to OIA for applying for reimbursement.
◆ Student Group Safety Insurance:
What is student group safety insurance?
It's a group insurance contract between CCU and the insurance company and students are the insured.
Student Group Safety Insurance (file)
How much a student should pay for 2019 Fall and 2020 Spring Semester?
NTD 274 / semester, each CCU student is required to pay the student group insurance.
Where I can find more information?
Health Center (Miss Tsai, phone extension: 12346)