You are required to possess a Resident VISA and an ARC in order to stay in Taiwan for studying. If you have obtained a Resident VISA before coming to Taiwan, you only need to apply for an ARC when you arrive at CCU. This will make things easier. If you did not apply for a Resident VISA before coming to Taiwan, it is necessary that you apply for a Resident VISA on your own and then the ARC.
To apply for the ARC, please bring the required documents to the Office of International Affairs (The Center is located on the second floor of the supermarket next to the graduate dormitory). We will collect all the required documents from you, and you will be asked to fill out the application form. You will need to obtain your ARC before you can open a bank account to do any kind of monetary transaction, including receiving your university scholarship. This service is only available in the beginning of every semester.
I. Required documents for applying Resident VISA
1. A signed application form
2. The original and photocopy of the passport
3. The original and photocopy of the student card or the enrollment certificate
4. The satisfactory health examination report
5. 2 photos (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
6. Visa fee
( http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1309&ctNode=778&mp=2 )
2. One 5cm × 3.5cm photo should be in correct format
3. Passport and Resident VISA (original and photocopy)
4. Student ID (original and photocopy)
5. Operation fee: NTD1000
6. ARC (original and photocopy)
7. A self-addressed stamped envelope/stamped addressed envelope by registered mail (fee: NTD25)
*CCU OIA address：62102 嘉義縣民雄鄉三興村大學路一段168號 (國際事務處)
*After two weeks, the immigration office will post registered mail to the address you wrote on the envelope.
*Those of you who are leaving Taiwan during the winter/summer vacation and are planning to come back later than the deadline of your ARC, please also prepare the following documents and go to the immigration office by yourself three weeks before your departure. OIA will not be able to provide you with application service for the Early application.
8. Early application for extension of Alien Resident Certificate (as attached)
9. Flight ticket prove document (original and photocopy)